By Catherine Ninteman
(This recipe was adapted from one by Jen Nikolaus, owner of www.yummyhealthyeasy.com)
Start to finish: 22-25 minutes (12 minutes of active time)
– 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat crescent rolls
– 4 ounces or ½ cup light cream cheese, softened
– 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or Trivia sweetener, to taste
– ¾ cup strawberries finely chopped (or substitute with strawberry jam)
– (Optional) ½ teaspoon cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Heat oven to 375 F. Spray or place parchment paper onto cookie sheet.
Open crescent rolls and separate triangles, placing each on a clean counter or cutting board. Pat each roll with fingertips to thin them out a little bit; avoid pulling or tearing the dough. Don’t press too thin or they will tear upon rolling.
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread a teaspoon of the mixture onto each crescent roll triangle. Put a small scoop of strawberries or strawberry jam on the wider end of the triangle.
Roll triangle starting at the wider end, tucking edges over strawberries. Then, roll to other point. This should create a little bundle. Place on cookie sheet and repeat for each triangle.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown. If using cinnamon, sprinkle it, along with any extra sugar, on top. Let cool before eating. Enjoy!